Followers

10 December 2005

2 a.m. thoughts

As things are often quiet on alert at 2 a.m., I find myself pondering the mysteries of the universe (that or slapping myself silly to stay awake). Perhaps it's the caffeinated semi-consciousness; or maybe the thought that I am in command of ten nuclear-tipped missiles and might just have to end the world before I go home, but whatever the case it is a time for thinking deep thoughts. You know, the kind that you jot down because they seem earth-shattering in their revelation and clarity--only to read them in the morning after a bout of sleep to find that you've written down something absurd like, "carrots are orange and that's why bunnies like them." Hey, it made perfect sense at the time, right.

Here is the point in my tale where you expect me to divulge whatever odd and humorous thought popped into my head last night. However, I plan to do no such thing. Foolish as I am to confess the idiocy of my sleep-deprived brain, I will not go so far as to mention something concrete which I will not be able to effectively recant at some later date. In fact, I can neither confirm nor deny that this is really me writing this…and neither can you. Hmmm…I feel the sleep deprivation clouding over me again. Good bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can somewhat sympathize with your comments. When suffering from a lack of "get unconscious" time I too have deeply profound thoughts which wander through my mind. Keep up the good fight my cousin!

Interconnects

Related Posts with Thumbnails